How to do A/B Testing?
A/B testing is a method of comparing two versions of an email against each other to check which one performs better.
A/B testing is an experiment where two or more variants of emails are sent to users, and analysis is done, which one performs better.
How A/B Testing Works
To know how A/B testing works, let’s consider this example.
Suppose that you have two different email designs and content which you want to send to your next email marketing campaign. But you are not sure which one will perform well.
So you send the first email to a certain number of recipients, say 50, and the second email to another 50 subscribers.
After that analyze the email performance in terms of open rate and click rate or whatever metrics you would like to choose. Whichever email performs better. Choose that email for your next email campaign.
A/B Testing Process
The following is the A/B testing process:
- Identify goals: Goals can be anything from opening an email or checking unsubscribing rate.
- Create hypothesis: After identifying your goals you can start generating A/B testing ideas for why you think they will be better than the current version.
- Create variations: Using your A/B testing software make the desired changes to an element of your email. This might be changing the subject line, interesting images, change in fonts.
- Start experiment: Start sending your emails to the recipients and wait for the results.
- Analyze results: Once your testing is complete, it’s time to analyze the results. Measure the metrics that you have set earlier, measure the open rate and click rate of both the emails. Select the one with a good result.
Try A/B testing with our software
Start with Almost Free Plan ($1/month: 2500 Contacts, 15000 email credits/month)
A/B testing is very important for every marketer in campaigns. As it delivers the right content and also delivers the best results.