WEF Jan 1, 2019, Facebook Pages will need to have been approved for subscription messaging permissions otherwise they won’t be able to send free message called non-promotional subscription messaging.
What is Facebook Subscription Messaging?
“Facebook Subscription messaging is allowed for specific use cases, and gives a business or developer the ability to send regular content to a person on Messenger. A user may opt-out of receiving subscription messages from a Page at any time.” –
Eligible Use Cases
- News- Inform people about recent events, give information regarding sports, business, weather, politics, NGOs, entertainment, etc.
- Productivity- Enables people to manage their productivity with tasks, like managing events, paying bills, and more.
- Personal tracker- Enables people to receive and monitor information about themselves in categories such as fitness, health, wellness, and finance.
Benefits of Sending Subscription Messaging
- Messenger open rate and click-through rate is far exceeding than email.
- Sending regular updates and industry news are appreciated by people who are interested in your industry.
- When people opt into subscription updates from your Page, they’re a highly engaged member of your audience who’s raising their hand and saying, “Let’s stay in touch, please keep me in the know.”
- The regular content update makes your page highly trusted source of information, that means more traffic make their way to your page.
- By publishing news that impacts your audience on a personal and professional level, you provide a ton of values.
- Staying in contact with your Messenger audience is a great way to maintain awareness and nurture relationships.
If you don’t apply for Facebook Subscription Messaging then on Jan 1, 2019 you won’t be able to send non-promotional subscription messages for your page in MobileMonkey.
After the year ends, individual pages will need a permission level in order to do subscription-based messaging.
If you’ve applied and been rejected, don’t worry, there’s no limit to how many times you can apply, apply again.
Download cheat sheet for the help.
For details check out the policy overview.