What is an Email Newsletter?
An email newsletter is used in an email marketing campaign. An email newsletter contains updates, news, and information related to your business to make your audience aware of your product and services. Depending on the kind of content you have to decide among which subscribers you want to share your content with and which subscribers expect your newsletters, you can send them on a weekly or monthly basis. An email newsletter is a neatly put-together piece of content that’s created to engage your subscribers and update them with new information. Personalize your newsletters to your subscribers’ behavior, and boost the chance of success. So with this explanation we can easily understand What is an Email newsletter and How to Write it?
Why Do You Need an Email Newsletter?
Email newsletters are widely used for building your company’s online presence. Email newsletters are important as they give you access to your customer’s inbox, allow you to engage with them by sharing content, drive more sales and traffic to your website. The most essential form of content marketing is done via email newsletters in the B2B industry. Newsletters can make or break your content marketing strategy. If done the right way, it could benefit your business in many ways.
4 Quick Tips for Writing an Effective Email Newsletter
Below are a few important tips that will help you write an effective email newsletter:-
1. Focus on the Subject Line
- Subject line plays a very important role in the count of your open rates. As open rates are directly related to conversions.
- Your subject line is the backbone of your email. So, making your subject line attractive and interactive, helps you get the attention of your customers.
- Try to personalize your subject line, it will increase your open and click rates.
- Try to keep your subject line short and specific.
- Avoid overusing emojis, spammy words, and special characters.
- Always add preheader text and try to leverage urgency in your subject line.
2. Pick Your CTA Wisely
- Followed by the subject line, you should pick your CTA wisely as it communicates your email value to the audience.
- Your CTA button should have simple words like “try now”, “find more”, and “submit” and it should be big enough to be noticeable.
- Use an arrow or images to indicate the CTA button and for more interaction purposes add color changes to the CTA button.
- A well-placed CTA button will increase your click-through rate, drive your sales and ensure that the consumer takes immediate action.
3. Keep it Simple
- Keep the content of your email simple and informative.
- Specified and to the point contents will increase your readability.
- Provide your target audience with the content they want or intent to search for.
4. Focus on Your Audience’s Engagement
It is not possible to keep each and every subscriber engaged and interested in your mailing list. You’ll obviously have inactive contacts, but you can send a feedback form to them so that you get a clear idea of why they lost interest in your emails. Below are some of the important tips which will help you to keep your audience engaged:
- Use a catchy subject line with personalization.
- Segment your list according to demographic factors such as age, gender, location etc as customers don’t want to receive irrelevant emails and newsletter. Segmentation of your mailing list is also another strategy to improve your audience engagement.
- Try to re-engagement with the inactive subscribers.
- Try to send specific and relevant content with images or with video links.