- A lot of Today’s “traditional” marketers use outbound marketing to reach their targeted audiences.
- Twitter is a relationship-building and relationship maintenance tool.
- The most obvious business use of Twitter is to meet potential targeted customers.
Following are the steps to follow to do effective twitter marketing:
1. Setup a sensible account (Your Twitter Name)
- Set up an account with a name that makes sense.
- If someone is already using your name then you have to get creative.
- Come up with an alternative spelling.
- It is easy to spell and matches the name of your business or services.
2. Describe your target audience on Twitter
If you are new at twitter:
- Use twitter research tool.
- You should include Twitter handles of actual target users.
- Do the homework and write it down.
If you are already familiar with Twitter:
- If you’ve been able to go so far as develop a good profile.
- It is a much better way.
- It represents your customers that spend time on Twitter in general.
3. Set up a goal
- You should not have to think only about the numbers in term of follower/following.
- It’s not how many connections you have, it is who you are connected with that.
- There should be a high degree of mutual engagement
- Because it determines the propagation of tweets, the spread of links, traffic, etc.
4. Create a Twitter Marketing Strategy
Figure out how you can best use Twitter to your advantage and come up with a plan.
Some common Twitter marketing strategies are:
- Post regular specials or sales on Twitter.
- Use Twitter to search for people Tweeting questions you can answer as a way to build relationships and potential future customers.
- Encourage word of mouth between your followers
5. Following People on Twitter
Start following others on Twitter who are working in your industry.
- See who those people are following.
- Who is somehow related to your industry?
- Follow some of those people too
6. Engage with your network with twitter tools
- Hashtags: Hashtags are #terms that categorize your tweets and help them go beyond
- your followers on the twitter environment.
- Retweet: A retweet (RT) is when someone shares your tweet with followers.
- Hat Tip: Someone gives another user credit for discovering something sharing.
- Trends: Trends are hot topics. These are mainly based on #hashtagskeywords and news.
- Via: Via usually means a link is from that user’s website.
You would be able to do twitter marketing effectively when you know useful insight about it. Make yourself familiar will all the insight.