Spam Mark or marked as spam is the worst thing that can happen with any email marketing campaign. It is a responsibility of an email marketer to make sure emails are not land as spam.
1. Unsubscription Link (Must Have)
- Make Unsubscribing From Your Newsletter Very Easy.
- Most Email Newsletter Services Offer An Automated Unsubscribe System.
- Readers Need Only Click An Unsubscribe Link To Stop Receiving A Newsletter.
- It Is Better For Them To Unsubscribe Than To Get Frustrated And Mark Your Newsletter As Spam.
2. Subscriber Advise
- Do Not Send Your Newsletter To People Who Have Not Opted-In Your Newsletter.
- Never Add Someone To Your Mailing List Without Their Approval.
- It Is Necessary To Have A Double Opt-In System.
- Un-Approved Data Can Quickly Result In Getting Mark A Spam.
3. Relevancy Matters
- Deliver Content What You Promise In Your Email Subject Line.
- Using A Misleading Subject Line Can Make Recipients To “Get Back At You” By Clicking The Spam Button.
- Be Honest With Your Subject Line And Deliver The Offer Or Content That You Promote.
4. Hard Selling (Avoid)
- Avoid Selling Too Hard.
- Even If You Do Everything Else Correctly, A Subscriber May Mark Your” Hard Sell” Spamming.
- Because It’s The Same Hard Sell, Week After Week There Will Be Lack Of Contents.
- Repeated Content Is Like A Torture For Your Subscriber.
Here are some tips you can apply to keep your email out of spam folder.