Marketing objectives for email marketing may include direct sales, product awareness, brand recognition, list building, and relationship building.
- Direct Sales Objective – Send an offer and generate orders. How many orders and sales revenue are generated per email campaign.
- Web site traffic – Get people to visit your web pages.
- Brand and Product Awareness – Alert people of the availability of products or services that they may want or need.
- Sales Lead – Capture names and identify people that are qualified candidates for sales efforts. This may include gathering additional information for existing lists to help sales efforts.
- Reduced Marketing Costs – Email marketing is not FREE, but it can cost lesser to generate sales and leads than other marketing programs. This includes reduced media cost, mailing (transmission) cost, and response process.
- Relationship Building – Keeping your name or products fresh in the minds of people.
Email Marketing Objectives should be much more than product sales. The goal should be to build a qualified list that has receptive people.
Check out Neil Patel’s Beginner’s Guide to Successful Email Marketing
Check out Sales-Push – an email marketing software