Writing email content has become an important part of email marketing.
Email is typically used as a one-to-one medium. As a marketing medium, it remains most powerful when it closely emulates one-to-one conversations with our subscribers. But how much time do we actually spend on designing the email so that it’s easy to navigate?
Subscribers don’t always open your bulk email marketing message just to see your offer or read your articles. They may have other motives for opening it. They might want to unsubscribe or simply change their preferences, comment on something you wrote or ask a question.
You can also check out an article by Express Writer on How To Write Content For Email Marketing
The following is a list of more common functions that should be included in your email in addition to the Basic content:
- Unsubscribe link.
- Links to specific product information, full articles, or forms on your website.
- Link to email preferences/update profile page.
- Ask about a purchase, company policy or content in the message.
- Comment on a story/provide feedback.
- Listing of your email address to be added to subscribers’ safe sender’s list.
- Link to back issues or other offers, as appropriate.
- Phone, email or mail contact information for newsletter staff or related departments, such as ad sales or customer service.
- Forward to a friend instruction.
- Link to related information or offers, products or services at your Web site.
- Description or link to shipping and return policies.
Want to know more Email Design Hacks? Check out our this blog