Forrester Research Group says “Video is 53 times more likely than text pages to appear on the first page of a search engine.” Read: video drives search results. Articles that include a photo array or a video are more easily searched on the Web and receive three times as many clicks as articles without these features.
Video gives us an opportunity to interact with our customers. It allows them to get to know us and our business and feel comfortable with us. This is critical for businesses.
Here are 7 Super Tips to Keep in Mind when making your Marketing Video :
- Shorter it is better it is : Many studies show that we have an attention span of about 30 seconds. So if you are making marketing and branding video, just be to the point and save the rest on follow up videos.
- Combination of Video and Images : Mixing videos and stills of your product, employees, location, and anything that you believe will interest your potential customers. It will add variety to your video ad.
- Adding a Personal Message would be Great : The message can be from you or one of your employees, or it can be a testimonial or recommendation or a real case of the problem which you had solved from one of your customers.
- Humor is must : Sometimes your own gaffes in making the video make it even more appealing.
- Like in Email Marketing Campaigns Video should also have “Call to Action” : Avoid vagueness for your audience. Make sure it is clear what the viewer supposed to do once he/she is done with watching a video. Add a coupon or special offer to attract them or to drive them to your website.
- A customer should find it easy to find you : Don’t forget to include your phone number, address, website address, and e-mail. If you have a brick and mortar location, you might even want to include a map.
- Last but not the least Viral your Video : Promote your video through an online ad campaign, e-mail, social media, YouTube and even your own website. There are online video services that will provide all of these services for a price if you don’t want to do it yourself and that too at affordable prices.
It’s time to get serious about video marketing and start working towards building an effective video to market in order to stand out in the crowd of competition.